Whanganui Accident and Medical clinic (WAM) is a subsidiary company of the Whanganui Regional Health Network (WRHN). It was established in 2003 as a means to provide the Whanganui community and visitors to our city with improved access to primary and urgent after-hours care and to complement and support existing health care services.
At the heart of WAM services is the desire to:
- Provide an innovative service which promotes access to appropriate primary care services,
- Be responsive to the needs of the Whanganui community,
- Reduce health inequalities for Maori, and
- Empower individuals to positively influence their own health and wellbeing.
WAM also holds the Whanganui regions ACC Preferred Provider contract. Located on the Whanganui Hospital campus, WAM is open 8am to 9pm, 365 days per year.
WAM currently has a permanent part-time (20 to 32 hours) registered nurse and a casual registered nurse position available, and is seeking applications from energetic and motivated registered nurses who;
- Are committed to working at the top of the nursing scope,
- Will led clinical projects, contracts and/or quality improvement initiatives,
- Can demonstrate a high level of computer literacy,
- Will participate in post graduate studies and professional development,
- Are willing to work a range of rostered rotating morning and afternoon shifts,
- Have an updated portfolio, or are working towards, and
- Hold a current triage qualification (CENNZ) and ACLS Level 6 or assure a commitment to obtain.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter,
- Current Curriculum Vitae, and
- Completion of the WRHN application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand, with no restrictions and be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand.